Laser Hair Removal | ClearScan™
July 28, 2017
You may ask yourself the following questions:
- What is ClearScan?
- How does it work?
- Can all skin colors be treated?
- What will happen during the procedure?
- What should I expect after treatment?
Let’s jump right in and answer these common questions.
- ClearScan employs laser energy that can selectively target microstructures, such as hair follicles. When absorbed by melanin, the pigment in our skin gives the optimal balance between safely treating all skin types and effectively removing unwanted hair.
- The ClearScan laser selectively targets your hair follicles and heats them with laser energy. Unlike other treatments, the laser beam treats many hairs at once, making treatment of large areas practical. The ClearScan utilizes a unique computer-guided scanning system that automates the treatment, ensuring your skin is rapidly and evenly treated. The computer places the beam in an optimum pattern for your skin to experience a safe, effective and gentle treatment.
- Yes, all skin types from light to dark can be treated.
- A member of our team will discuss the treatment with you and decide if you will need a topical anesthetic cream. Most people do find with the continuous cooling feature that it ensures comfort and safety during treatment. The area of your skin that is to be treated will be scanned with laser light. Treatment time will depend on the size of the area to be treated.
- Some redness and swelling of the hair follicles, resembling acne, may be present in the area that has been treated. However, this should subside within a day or so. If any prolonged redness or swelling occurs, please call us immediately. Keep the treated area clean, use at least SPF15 sunscreen when going outdoors, and follow our team members’ instructions carefully.