You may ask yourself the following questions:
- What is ClearScan?
- How does it work?
- Can all skin colors be treated?
- What will happen during the procedure?
- What should I expect after treatment?
Let’s jump right in and answer these common questions.
- ClearScan employs laser energy that can selectively target microstructures, such as hair follicles. When absorbed by melanin, the pigment in our skin gives the optimal balance between safely treating all skin types and effectively removing unwanted hair.
- The ClearScan laser selectively targets your hair follicles and heats them with laser energy. Unlike other treatments, the laser beam treats many hairs at once, making treatment of large areas practical. The ClearScan utilizes a unique computer-guided scanning system that automates the treatment, ensuring your skin is rapidly and evenly treated. The computer places the beam in an optimum pattern for your skin to experience a safe, effective and gentle treatment.
- Yes, all skin types from light to dark can be treated.
- A member of our team will discuss the treatment with you and decide if you will need a topical anesthetic cream. Most people do find with the continuous cooling feature that it ensures comfort and safety during treatment. The area of your skin that is to be treated will be scanned with laser light. Treatment time will depend on the size of the area to be treated.
- Some redness and swelling of the hair follicles, resembling acne, may be present in the area that has been treated. However, this should subside within a day or so. If any prolonged redness or swelling occurs, please call us immediately. Keep the treated area clean, use at least SPF15 sunscreen when going outdoors, and follow our team members’ instructions carefully.
UVB Phototherapy can be used to treat psoriasis.
Ultraviolet B (UVB) is an effective treatment for psoriasis. Treatment involves exposing the skin to an artificial UVB light source which penetrates the skin to slow down the growth of affected skin cells. The use of Narrow-band UVB clears the psoriasis faster and produces longer remissions than Broad-band UVB. This is why at Mary Ruth Buchness, MD, Dermatologist, PC , we have chosen Narrow-band UVB as one of our choices to treat our patients.
Excimer Laser can target select areas.
The excimer laser emits a high intensity beam of ultraviolet light B (UVB) used to treat chronic, localized plaque psoriasis. Treatments vary by patient and usually take an average of 12 to 24 sessions. It is recommended that patients receive two sessions a week. We have had wonderful results treating patients with Scalp Psoriasis, the treatment course consists of topical steroids along with excimer laser treatments.
These treatments are covered by most insurance plans. For those without health insurance, the following are the price listings for UVB Phototherapy and Excimer Laser treatments:
6 session package- $135
12 session package- $240
12 session packages
BSA under 250- $500
BSA 250-500- $620
BSA over 500- $800
Maybe groundhog day isn't the most scientific predictor, but this year I really wanted to believe it had some validity when ALL the groundhogs proclaimed the coming of an early spring! And then this weekend we had the coldest Valentine's Day in NYC history. I have to admit that all these bipolar temperatures and dashed hopes of iminent warmth have left my skin feeling dry, dull and tired.
What can we do to rejuvenate, prepare for spring and ditch these winter skin blues?? Here are some things that I love -
- Nia24 product line - offers something for every skin type. Vitamin B3 (niacin) has been shown to help reverse sun damage and help with anti aging. This line is amazing for moisturization, but also helps with blotchiness, uneven skin tone and even rosacea. We love these products so much we offer them right here in the office!
- Latisse - looking for long, dark, luscious lashes, but don't want to risk the dreadful after-effects of extensions? Latisse is the answer. Compared with extensions the price is similar and you won't be left lashless as your extensions fall off and take your natural eyelashes with them. We can write you a prescription in the office at your request anytime!
- Excipial Hand Moisturizer (daily moisturizer and rapid overnight formula) - no one can escape dry hands in the winter, but Galderma's new OTC hand moisturizer line will keep your hands soft and smooth all winter long. Ask for a free sample in the office today!
Last but not least - my Botox sale! Come have a botox treatment with me Feb 22-29 and get 20% off!!
Already I'm feeling brighter and more cheerful! And I hope you are too!
- Eve =)
Laser Hair Removal Special
It's that time again!
Purchase one laser hair removal package and receive a free package for a friend.
Now until the end of October at the office of Mary Ruth Buchness, M.D., PC
560 Broadway, Suite 406
New York, NY 10012
(212) - 822 - 3515
Don't Miss Out!
~EVERY MONDAY BOTOX TREATMENTS- 10% OFF TOTAL PRICE
~EVERY THURSDAY LASER HAIR REMOVAL for the UNDER ARMS - $150 PER TREATMENT
*To receive discounts, treatments must be purchased in full and be done on the same day as purchase.
DEALS END September 1, 2015
Mary Ruth Buchness, M.D.
560 Broadway, Suite 406
New York, NY 10012
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.